Tuesday 17 September 2013

Weather lore and bovine curiosity.

Not trusting the Met. Office I have long been a follower of traditional weather forecasting.

Red sky at night, shepherds delight.

Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning.
So howcum the top picture was last night and the bottom one this morning, sunny periods maybe? It turned out rotten anyway, wind and rain again. As it's a nice spot we took one look at the weather, said a few rude words and stayed put. I'll just watch the B.B.C. in future.
We did find one drawback to our mooring, this afternoon Jill called my attention to some unexpected visitors peering in the window.

Their curiosity got the better of them so they called their mates over to have a look,

One of them

even inspected the mooring lines, he never said anything so I presume the knots met with his approval.
I'll be treading carefully when we pull pins tomorrow.
Lechlade or bust tomorrow.

Watch this space............

No comments: