Thursday 21 April 2011

A few old boats and a new lead.

Ready to welcome the next lot of family, Olive has kindly said they can leave the car in her car park for the weekend and they arrive tomorrow, sometime. It is apodictic that small children are inclined to be rather demanding so please excuse the fact that there will be no posts for a few days.
The canal has been busy for the last few days with ex working boats heading for Ellesmere Port for the Easter gathering, so here are a couple of pridian photo's.

 Ex Willow Wren

and this conversion, it must be one of the earliest still extant, it was converted in the 1930's, and I don't think I'm being tendentious when I say it is a most attractive boat.

I'm not sure about this one, tug, icebreaker?

The bow seems to have been borrowed from a 1900's cruiser (Warship, not hire boat).

Is it ex Grand Junction? Whatever it was I liked it.
Many people seem to be having problems with their dongles, well mine was a bit erratic (T-mobile) but I bought a longer lead recently and it has a little box near the female socket, I presume it is a booster of some sort as I'm now getting a usable signal in places that were dead spots. Just thought I'd let you all know, a new lead works wonders.

No comments: