Thursday 28 November 2013

On our way for batteries.

Now making our way to Springwood Haven for the new batteries. They are main dealers for Victron and are doing us a good deal. Got to be there next Thursday.
 So yesterday it was back through Shackerstone.

Just before bridge 53 the motte of the Norman castle is prominent in the field, with the tower of the parish church looming through the trees.

The farm by the bridge is home to the usual collection of decaying agricultural machinery and this rather intriguingly decorated trailer. Who, I wonder, were The Do-Little Bro's & Co. My guess would be entertainers of  some sort. Do people somewhere still ask, "Whatever happened to the Do-Little Bro's? Not seen them for a while."

This morning dawned somewhat murky. This didn't deter me though, I soon had the spinning rod set up and was off after those pike. I don't need to publish the result. One day I'll have 'em.

Watch this space..........

No comments: