After debate yesterday we decided that, as the weather forecast seemed to indicate it would be the last reasonable day for a while, we would push on and find somewhere to sit out the deluge. Unfortunately we hadn't taken the fact that it had been raining further upstream into account. When we arrived at Hermitage Lock the lockie suggested lowering the contents of our roof boxes as the water was a bit on the high side upstream and the lock has a low bridge crossing it.
Above here the river is no longer tidal but it did seem as though there was rather a lot of water about.
After working through St. Ives lock in company with a mighty white cruiser crewed by a crew of three who had never done a lock before we headed for the medieval bridge with its famous chapel.
We eventually found sanctuary on the E.A. moorings at The Waits, a backwater at the bottom of town. If the weather doesn't improve I feel we may be here for a day or two.
Just for information we did not meet a man with seven wives.
Watch this space........