Saturday 15 December 2012

A Cosstick family photograph.

This must date to the late 1940's early 1950's. Back row, left to right, my Uncle Jack Cosstick, W.W.II, Royal Sussex Regt., Grandfather, Frederick Herman Gustav Cosstick, W.W.I, Machine Gun Corps, W.W.II, A.R.P., Uncle Reg.Cosstick, W.W. II, R.A.F. My Gran, Rose, matriarch and tyrant. Front row, Aunty Joyce and my Mum, Sheila. I reckon the Cossticks had done their share. Both of Grandfather's brothers, Cyril and Reginald and a cousin, another Frederick, did not come back from the trenches of W.W.I. They had all joined,together, on the same day in 1915 and had consecutive service numbers in the Royal Sussex.
Photo' taken in the front garden of the family home in Seaford, Sussex.

"A memory is a beautiful thing, it's almost a desire that you miss".
 Gustave Flaubert.

Watch this space.................

No comments: