Sunday 15 April 2012

I love to go a wandering, tra-la.

It was just too pleasant a morning to sit on board so after the obligatory Full English, egg (fried), bacon (smoked back rashers), sausage, black pudding and mushrooms, it was on walking boots and off for a brisk constitutional.


The refurbishment at Venetian Marine is well under way with some of the old pontoons gone and dredging taking place. The junk antique shop has gone and I presume the building will be used as a chandlery.

There are lots of cowslips along this stretch of the cut, one of the old country names for them was St. Peter's Keys, which doesn't say much for security on The Pearly Gates.

That reminds me, must get some more milk.
I've just gone ahead in the "Who can get the best photo' of a heron" competition between Jill and I.

If you look really carefully you can see it has a little fish in its beak, and then

here it is looking smug after having swallowed it.
The wildlife was in a cooperative mood today, this comma butterfly sat still long enough for me to get a couple of reasonable shots of it.



Then it was the turn of

a Chinook, not sure if that counts as wildlife.
We also saw our saw our first swallow of the year and no, I didn't get a picture of it, it was too fast.



Watch this space.............

No comments: