Tuesday 17 April 2012

Flowers and clouds.

Walking again yesterday, it was just a beautiful day.

The blue of the sky was reflected

in the periwinkle flowers that brightened the hedgerow and the sun was like

a dandelion cast into the sky. Mostly though the sun hid

behind the scattering of little fluffy clouds.


Aconites, wood anemones or, as we knew them in Sussex when I was a lad, wind-flowers. Much more descriptive, whether they get the name from the way they flutter in the breeze or because they flower in April, which is generally a windy month, I have no idea.

It was a day for clouds and

flowers.
You see I do have a poetic soul really, it just doesn't show very often

Having read the letters in the Canal Boat ref. continuous cruisers I can only say I think the magazine is going to have a rather full postbag. Having read the responses from the blogosphere I get the feeling somebodies ears will be burning, I did like Maffi's little note, most succint. I have winged off a missive myself via the electronic mail system but doubt it will get published, it pales into insignificance compared with others I have seen. But a murrain on all who would attempt to force we c.c.'rs to pay more.

Watch this space............

No comments: