Thursday 9 December 2010

A bottle of milk and a Vauxhall Viva.

A month ago, as a special treat, Jill bought me a bottle of full cream Channel Islands milk to go on my breakfast porridge/porrige/porage,(Select whichever spelling you prefer, they're all valid). The sell by date was the ninth of November,

Today I used the last of it and it was still fine, I wonder what they put in it.
After breakfast we took a brisk walk up to town, anything to delay the onset of cabin fever. In one of the car parks


there is this beautifully restored Vauxhall Viva, it is parked there everyday so is in regular use. I'm amazed, I thought the last of them had rusted away years ago, after all rust was what they were famous for. Now I'm a great supporter of preserving old machinery but a VIVA? oh come on.

Hinckley is decking itself out for Christmas.

Castle Street, this is the main street for retail therapy in Hinckley,

and the Britannia Centre, Argos, Wilkinsons, Superdrug, they have all the class emporiums here!
There is even someone who will buy your unwanted gold, how sophisticated is that?

No comments: